Excellent with red meat and game, as well as with seasoned cheese.
The bottle should be opened some time before drinking and served at 18°C. Recommended a balloon glass.
- Grape variety: Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara
- Area of production: Cazzano di Tramigna, in the province of Verona
- Harvest: September - october
- Yield per hectar: Max 90/100 quintals/hectare
- Vinification: Handharvested, the grapes are de-stemmed and pressed. Then, berries and must are put into special wine tanks, where selected yeasts are inoculated to start and carry out the alcoholic fermentation. This strictly takes place at controlled temperature (24-25°C) to extract only the best parts of the berries, namely the fruitier components of the skins and only the delicateones of the seeds. This new Valpolicella Superiore then macerates with fermented vinasse of witheredgrapes that was previously used to make Recioto or Amarone. This way, the wine becomes much richer in scnets and aromas so it cannot be called only “Valpolicella Superiore” anymore, but the “Ripasso” mention must be added. Filtration: The wine is only partially filtered to allow for a more complete expression of all varietal aromasof the grapes. Any natural sediments in the wine are a further proof of its genuineness
- Alcohol content: 14% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.5 g/l
- Residual sugar: 7 g/l
elegant notes of ripened red fruit (especially cherries) on an undertone of vanilla, tobacco and cacao.
very supple and long-lasting.